We all need reliable and energy efficient boiler to take care of the heating needs in our homes. However, with the many boilers out there, you can easily get confused on what to buy to suit your home’s size and heating needs.
The best combi boiler is all you need.
The combination boiler is a very popular type of boiler in the UK households. A combi boiler does supply heating and hot water without use of cylinders or storage tanks. The combi boiler could be electric, oil or gas fired. Typically, the equipment cost of a boiler is lower than its installation cost.
This article provides useful information to help you choose the best combi boiler in 2016. The article will also guide you on the installation and purchase costs. Unlike a number of other home improvement projects, the DIY approach may not work when it comes to installing a combi boiler. Only licensed engineers may do this.
To enjoy hot water and heating in your home, reliably, for years, you need to choose the best combi boiler. Like other mechanical and electrical systems, these boilers require periodic (annual) servicing to keep them in pristine working condition.
Why Choose a Combi Boiler?
A combination boiler is a highly efficient water heater, and provides central heating –all in one unit. The mains cold water connects directly to your combi boiler. The boiler then heats up water whenever you open the tap, to ensure that you access hot water on demand.
This way, you don’t need that water storage tank, thus, saving on space.
So, why should you choose and use a combi boiler in your home?
- Provides on demand hot water unlimitedly
- Saves space as you won’t need a storage tank in your loft
- Hot water arrives in your taps at the mains pressure. Thus, no need of installing extra pumps to boost pressure.
- Has a small footprint hence environmentally friendly.
- It eliminates the risk that comes with a frozen water pipe in the loft.
The Best Combi Boiler and Installation Costs
Every manufacturer of a combi boiler has a variety of these products because they’re among the most popular among residents in the UK. Let’s look at some of the leading brands in the market, their pricing, reliability and warranty.
- Vaillant ecoTEC Pro
- Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i
- Baxi EcoBlue+
Vaillant ecoTEC Pro
It’s a widely-used boiler in the UK because it’s not only user friendly, but also simple. Here are some of the benefits and features of this boiler:
- Has a two stage built-in frost control to give it optimal performance the entire year.
- Economocal- has an effiviency rating of 89.2%
- Highly efficient heat exchanger (made of stainless steel) to deliver hot water fast when on demand
- Comes with a two years standard warranty; it can be extended if you work with an approved boiler installer.
- Has a highly efficient pump that costs less to run
The price of a Vaillant ecoTEC pro (28kW) usually starts at £850, and you should expect the total cost for installation and boiler to be about £ 1,600. Don’t forget that installation costs may vary depending on factors such as the complexity level the installation exercise.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i
The combi boiler model has a heat output of 24kW, and this suits small and medium-sized homes perfectly. Here are its features and benefits.
- Easy to use because of its large display with boiler controls
- Comes with a number of user-accessible controls that enables you to heat up your home to the preferred comfort.
- Provides instant water for domestic use
- Achieves A rating on both hot water and heating
- Has a high-efficiency pump to reduce on electricity use thus, saving you money
- Has a 5-year standard guarantee
The boiler alone cost of Greenstar 24i is from £ 890. However, the cost of boiler combined with installation is around £ 1600.
Baxi EcoBlue+ Combi
When it comes to combi boilers, Baxi is a household. The EcoBlue+ boilers come in various sizes, making them suitable for installation in homes of varying sizes.
Being a compact boiler, it requires a small installation space, provides hot water on demand and delivers exceptional flow rates for both heating and hot water. Its features and benefits are:
- Comes with 7 years warranty subject to some terms and conditions
- Quick and easy to install to reduce the downtimes of lack of heat
- Ideal for installing in homes with small spaces.
- Highly reliable
- Has a rated efficiency for hot water and heating
The price of a Baxi EcoBlue+ combi boilers may start from about £ 700. The boiler cost plus installation is about £ 1500.
Selecting the boiler best combi boiler to suit your home’s heating needs can be tricky. But with the information in this article, you can narrow down your focus. The good news is each boiler brand will offer you a sizing calculator to help you choose a boiler size that suits your home needs. Unless you’d like to extend your home, it’s recommended you don’t go for a boiler whose heat output is bigger than what you need.
As you plan to switch to a combi boiler, the combi boiler buying and installation costs discussed in this article will guide you in budgeting. You can also use this information to know to avoid sellers who may be too expensive, or those ones that seem too good to be true.
Baxi gives the longest warranty of 7 years or even 10 years if you choose the extended warranty. Nevertheless, pricing is not such a major determining factor, as their range is £ 100. If you find it hard to make a sound decision, don’t hesitate to consult heating engineers. Otherwise, when you choose any of the three combi boilers outlined above, you should expect reliable hot water and heating, for many years ahead.